A lot of times, you find an amazing tweet, and you think about downloading or saving it. A quick question arises: Can you download all tweets from a user?
The answer is an absolute Yes.
- Twitter allows you to download tweets from a user if that user is yourself.
- Some third-party websites and extensions allow you to download all tweets from a user and tweet archives for free; they come in handy when you need to download tweets.
The comprehensive instructions for downloading all tweets from a person are provided below.
How To Download All Tweets From A User?
Let’s discuss some methods of how to download all tweets from a user:
Method 1: Using Twitter Itself
If your need to download tweets from your account, using Twitter is the easiest method.
- Go to https://twitter.com/home
- Click on the more option. Settings and support > Settings and Privacy.
- Navigate to Your Account, and click Download an archive of your data.
- Enter the verification code that was sent to your email address to make sure it is really you.
- To view the requested archive, click. This will generate a zip file of your tweets along with your account information, history, activity, etc.
- You will receive the zip file via email.
This was the simplest solution for downloading all the tweets from your account.
Method 2: VICINITAS
It is a tool that allows you to download user tweets for free. It can download up to 3200 recent tweets from the account of any Twitter user. Also, It is an excellent source for downloading tweets and exporting them to excel.
It is among the most versatile and easy-to-use paid tools. It allows you to access 3200 recent tweets. If you want all of them, you can use the paid version.
The following can be downloaded from VICINITAS:
- Keyword/Hashtag tweets
- User Tweets
- User Followers
Follow these few simple steps to export tweets to excel:
- Go to Vicinitas.
- Select the User Tweets option among the Keyword/Hashtag Tweets and User followers options.
- Enter the Twitter screen name, e.g., @NASA, and click on search.
- It will prompt you with a twitter authentication popup. Go to the sign in with Twitter option and click on it to sign in with your Twitter account.
- After authorization, the process for downloading the tweets is started. Wait a few seconds.
- Now click on export to excel.
- Select the directory in which you want the excel file to be saved. Name the file, and your file will be ready to be downloaded.
- Open the downloaded excel file. Your excel file with tweets from a user is now ready to view. 3200 tweets from NASA were downloaded and saved successfully in your excel workbook.
This process is very user-friendly and straightforward to use. You can now download up to 3200 recent tweets from any user. Wasn’t It easy? Downloading all tweets from a user in just 9 steps.
Method 3 – Trackmyhashtag (Paid)
The following are the top 2 Paid Tools for downloading all tweets from a user which are loved and preferred by other users. This is the most popular third-party Twitter tweets downloader tool.
- Advanced AI-based Self-learning hashtag tracking tool.
- Cheaper compared to other paid tools.
- Support team available 24/7
Method 4 – Expodata (Paid)
- Upto 1000 free tweets.
- Detailed analysis.
- Unique filter selection.
- User-Friendly UI
- Billing starts from $9.9
Here is another popular way to download all tweets from a user.
TWINT – Twitter Intelligence Tool
- It is a Twitter scraping tool script developed in python.
- It downloads the tweets without using the Twitter API. The Twitter API allows only 3200 tweets, and by using TWINT, you can download more than 3200 tweets.
- Free to use
- No authentication is required. You can download tweets without a Twitter account.
- Familiarity with python is required.
The detailed guide for TWINT is available at https://github.com/twintproject/twint.
Here’s How To Download Tweets With TWINT –
- Go to https://github.com/twintproject/twint
- Open the README.md file.
- Install the given libraries.
- Follow the installation steps.
- Run the python script.
- You can store the file in
- Plain text (.txt)
- CSV Format
- JSON Format
- SQLite Format
This method may seem tricky, but if you follow the steps for installation correctly, you can download unlimited tweets for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you Download all of someone's tweets?
Yes, you can download all tweets from a user if that user is you. You can also download all tweets from other users using third-party apps and extensions.
Is it legal to scrape tweets?
It is legal to scrape the data that is available publicly on Twitter.
How do I extract tweets from Twitter without API?
One can extract tweets from Twitter without API using Twint-Twitter Intelligence Tool. It is a free tool and allows you to download more than 3200 tweets.
So, this was how to download all tweets from a user. These three methods were the most popular and easy to use among various tools. I hope this complete guide to downloading tweets from a user was helpful. If you’re aware of any other popular methods, do let us know in the comment section below.
I love technology and computers! And I love spreading more and more about it too! So, this is my attempt to share as much as tech news as I can with people all over the world.