Linking Twitter to Instagram – Twitter is one of the most popular microblogging and social media networking platforms. In 2022, it recorded approximately 450 million active monthly users. It is the ideal platform to widen your social horizon, stay in touch with the latest updates, publicize your brand, and express yourself in real-time.
On the other hand, Instagram is a trendy photo and video-sharing social networking service. It is an excellent means of storing and accessing enjoyable content and sharing your creativity in pictures, videos, and messages with your loved ones, conflated by hashtags, filters, and geographical tagging. Linking the two services can be especially useful if you have different followers on both platforms. This article will be a stepwise guide to help you link your Twitter account to your Instagram account.
Here, know linking Twitter to Instagram.
See Also: How To Use Wayback Machine For Twitter?
Why link Twitter and Instagram?
This quick setup configuring Twitter and Instagram will convenience you if you’re looking for a way to post content on both your accounts on these platforms.
- Your Instagram can link to Twitter and Tweet whenever you post a picture or video. This is an easy and effective way to notify your followers on Twitter about your post on Instagram.
- Your Instagram post shares on Twitter account. It must be in mind that linking these two accounts will not automatically post your Instagram post on Twitter. A slider button is available on the window when you create a post, and you can also push it when you wish to share the Instagram post on your Twitter account.
- The post shared on Twitter in response to its configuration with Instagram will be a link to your post, along with the caption. If you wish to post a replica of the original post, you will require to post it separately on Twitter.
- If your Instagram post consists of several hashtags, geographical or Instagram tags, etc., you may have to research your tags for Twitter again, as the tags that work well on Instagram may not suit Twitter. You must ensure that the format you’re deploying on one platform works on the other.
Steps to link
The process of linking the two applications is easy and quick. Just follow the given steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on the little hamburger icon that is in the top right corner.
- Visit the “Settings” menu.
- Go to “Account”.
- Click on “Sharing to other apps.”
- A list of social networking outlets will appear. Select “Twitter”.
- You will be asked to authorize your account, as shown in the window below.
- Enter username and password, then click on the “Authorize app” button.
That is it. Your accounts have been linked. Now, whatever you post on Instagram will automatically be notified on your Twitter account. Follow the steps for any operating system on your device, whether Android or iOS.
See Also: Top 6 Best Football Tipsters On Twitter
Steps to Tweet Instagram posts
As mentioned earlier, your Instagram posts will not be automatically uploaded to your Twitter account. If you wish to post your picture on Twitter that you’ve already uploaded on Instagram, you can select the picture on Instagram and click on the menu button followed by the “Share “button.
Adjust the caption according to your needs for Twitter, choose Twitter in the list of apps, then click on the “checkmark” option. Your post will be uploaded.
Steps to disconnect Twitter from Instagram
Once you achieve your goal and wish to unlink the two accounts, you may disconnect the two accounts by following the given steps:
- Go to your Instagram account.
- Go to the “Linked accounts” menu.
- Choose the social networking site you wish to disconnect your account with, in this case, Twitter.
- Tap the “Unlink” button. Your accounts will be disconnected.
So this was all about linking Twitter to Instagram.
Twitter and Instagram are broadly popular social media networking sites that serve different but similar purposes. Linking the two platforms can ease you if you’re looking to save time efficiently, and it has advantages and limitations. Connecting your accounts is easy and relatively straightforward, and you can link other social media outlets with your Instagram account equally quickly and conveniently.
Thus through these ways, you can learn linking Twitter to Instagram.
See Also: How To Recover Twitter Account Without Email Or Phone Number?
Social media writer and mental health advocate working to destigmatize and support those struggling with mental health issues.